8.04.2006

Arthur Lee: Alone Again Or

What's up with all of my favorite cult rock figures from the late-'60s passing as of late? First Sir Barrett, now Arthur Lee of Love. If you haven't heard the news, Lee died yesterday after fighting a mighty battle with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. The man was an eccentric for sure, with prison terms to his credit, but he was also a true artifact of the '60s that was blessed with a gorgeous voice and one of the best backing bands of all time. If you haven't stumbled upon Love yet, I'll hook you up with some additional mp3s later. I feel like running home right this second to throw on my Love tee shirt. Not sure what the co-workers would think, but fuck 'em. 'Tis a sad day.

Love - "Alone Again Or"

3 comments:

Hon Don Gerard said...

Weird Summer did a lovely version of "Alone Again Or".

thenoiseboy said...

Could you e-mail me it? I'd love to hear it.

Listmaker said...

i'm glad that i got a chance to see him play in two incredible shows a few years ago. a true loss.