9.23.2007

HORNS! is done ... almost

The research for HORNS!, a mix two months in the making, is complete. From over 100 songs, I whittled the tracklist down to 22. I think I'm happy with the sequencing, which means all that's left is to design a cover. I often feel this way after completing a mix, but this particular one rings truer than others: This is probably the best mix I've ever made. The research was far more challenging than on Songs About Girls; with that one, I had only to select songs with a girl's name in the title. With this mix, I had to listen to a LOT of songs to ensure that the horn parts were memorable and the song was to my liking. Basically, I listened to a healthy portion of my record collection.

Now it's on to new territory. ORGANS!, anyone?

4 comments:

Stef said...

PIANOS!

thenoiseboy said...

Just a prelude to ...

CONGOS!

Stef said...

KAZOOS!

thenoiseboy said...

Now *that* would be a challenge.