11.29.2006

R.I.P. Noiseboy?

It's been months since I can last remember falling in love with a band or a record or a concert. I don't listen to much music at home anymore, or at work for that matter. I listen to more music in the car -- on the RADIO -- than I do at home. I had an offer to DJ at Mike & Molly's that I turned down. I can't get up the gumption to post anything on my music blog. And it's been several weeks since Joanna Newsom's new album came out, and I still don't own it. I LOVED her last record, my favorite of '04. In year's past, I would've rushed to the store the day it dropped to buy it. But, not so much any more.

Am I growing old, up, out of love with music? Am I just in a funk? What the fuck is going on with The Noiseboy?

I just don't know.

7 comments:

Listmaker said...

you are just going through a slow period. you'll get it back.


either that or as soon as you hit 30, you got boring. what time is masterpiece theater on this sunday night?

TGV said...

Exactly, it's called "your 30s." Welcome, to the Boring Sad Bastard Club, my friend. Allow me show you around. Heh heh.

planbreaker said...

Don't beat yourself too much. The radio around here is actually decent:

http://www.wpgu.com/index.php?go=music

I've found that the station's playlist of interesting but accessible new stuff is perfect for my aging indie rock ears. But maybe you're listening to a lot of Boston and REO on the classic rock station. I doubt it though.

zac ray said...

Maybe you should take up playing music. You're already 90% of the way there because you have amazing taste in music. The other 10% is just learning an insturment. I've found that even when my interest in records wanes my need to play any sort of musical instrument within reach never does.

greymatter said...

Sounds like you need to see a good concert, or as I like to call it "music church" I'm not sure if you went to the My Morning Jacket show, but I was drinking the Rev. Jim James Kool-Aid and loving every minute of it. Let loose there Obi Wan!

I also became a musical mentor to two kids. One 17, and one just turned 20. That's amped up my exploration and passion, for sure.

Samantha said...

I had a hard time listening to sonic youth almost to the day I turned 30. Now at 37 I'm beginning to enjoy them again. you're just in a funk.

Mary said...

No man is an island...